Welcome to Associated Student Union
What is ASU?
The Associated Student Union (ASU) is the official student government of East Los Angeles College. The ASU board is made up of executive officers, commissioners and senators which seek to represent its' constituents. ASU advocates the needs of the student body at the College, District, and State levels. We encourage student involvement and participation in the Student Government. For 2017-2018 physcal year positions are full. Do you know who represents you? Click here to get to know who are the ASU 2017- 2018 board member's, that advocates for you as a student.
Who can join?
All registered students at East Los Angeles College can join by paying the member fee of $7.00 ASU fee. ($3.00 for Winter and Summer sessions). Membership supports the activities of the ASU and other student organizations including campus clubs.
What are the benefits of becoming an ASU member?
- Scholarships only for ASU members
- FREE Scantrons and Green Books during finals week for all semesters
- FREE snacks during Midterms and Finals week for Fall & Spring semesters
- FREE Copies (20) per student, per semester
- FREE Community Discount Card, get discounts at local retailers and restaurants (Monterey Park/South Gate)
- FREE or discounted admission to ASU events including field trips, barbecues, dances, and concerts along with cultural and sporting events
- FREE or discounted meals at ASU sponsored events
- FREE promotional items throughout the semester at ASU events
- FREE flash drive, only if you are in the Deans Honor list
- ASU Preferred Parking (subject to space availability and regular parking fee paid)
- Discounted coffee at Husky Store with valid ID and current ASU sticker for Fall & Spring semesters
- Access to student clubs & leadership positions
- Access to book Rental Program
- Discount tickets to Six Flags, Universal Studios, Knotts, Sea World San Diego, AMC & Regal Theatres
ASU is located in Campus Student Center, Student Activities Office F5-212
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (323) 265-8742