Welcome to East Los Angeles College! Home of the Huskies!
The mission of the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office is to be a partner in your educational endeavors. We are dedicated in providing high-quality service and here to help with financial resources to assist with your educational expenses. Our office provides a confidential environment to ensure student privacy. Our goal is to serve you so that you are able to obtain an education that will help to enrich and empower you in the global community of tomorrow. We are committed in serving you every step of the way.
Helpful Financial Aid informaiton for
How to apply for Financial Aid:
|Step 1 -||
Complete the FAFSA Application
*Citizen/Permanent Resident (https://fafsa.ed.gov) or Dream Act Application *Dreamer/AB540 (https://dream.csac.ca.gov/)
|Step 2 -||Log into your student portal a week after completing the FAFSA application at Mycollege.laccd.edu to check on your financial aid status.
|Step 3 -||
You must have a financial aid eligible Major and Educational Goal to be eligible
for financial aid.
This information must match and your Home school must be ELAC. You will receive a “To-do-List” item if you don’t have an eligible Program, Educational Goal, or Home school with ELAC. Meeting with an academic counselor will help you complete this “to-do-list” item(s).
|Step 4 -||
Permission Authorization for Financial Aid
Financial Aid disbursement will be on hold if you have an outstanding balance. Granting financial aid Permission Authorization will allow your fees to be deducted from your financial aid disbursement. This will allow your disbursement to be released. To grant financial aid permission authorization:
- SAP –
- Students who did not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements will receive an email notification in regarding appeal process. (NOTE: Federal grants will be removed from your awards if you are disqualified. However, your financial aid will be reinstated if your Appeal is Approved)
- Appeal process -
- Meet with an academic Counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan(SEP)
- You must attend a “Financial Aid Pathway to Success” workshop
- Type your Appeal Letter
- Go to your Student Portal at mycollege.laccd.edu
- Go to the “Finance” tab
- Go to “Financial Aid”
- Select “SAP Petition” to submit your appeal
- Upload your appeal letter, Financial Aid Pathway to success attendance form, SEP, and supporting documents
- SAP Petition will be reviewed in the order it was received. (The outcome of the Appeal will be provided 45 days after your submission date).
- Disbursement -
- It will take approximately 2 days for the disbursement funds to be deposited to a BankMobile Vibe account from the Disbursement date shown in the SIS system. (For students who opted to open the BankMobile Vibe account only)
- It will take approximately 3-5 days for the disbursement funds to be deposited to an ACH account from the Disbursement date shown in the SIS system. (For students who opted to have their disbursement wired to their personal bank account)